POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Catapult - height_field issue..? : Re: Catapult - height_field issue..? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:42:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Catapult - height_field issue..?
From: RusHHouR
Date: 10 Sep 2006 12:50:01
Message: <web.4504417b6d4b72ce47d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
Well, I have no experience of mesh either. But maybe it's time to give it a
go. Height_field seems to be out of the question after all...

Kenneth, I do not think this exact model ever was a real weapon. The
original image is (I think) taken from some X-box game's conceptuals.
Actually, while modeling it, it struck me that it was not obvious at all
how this contruction could produce any sort of real catapult-movement.

But still, I love that image.

Thanks for all the compliments on the work so far! :D